Airlines have announced flights on new routes. Indigo, SpiceJet, and GoAir are offering discounts on bookings and have introduced new flights. The announcements from the airlines come at a time when the suspension of flights by Jet Airways has led to additional demand in the country’s civil aviation market.
Budget carrier GoAir Sunday announced the launch of flight services on seven new international routes, including three new destinations Bangkok, Dubai, and Kuwait, as part of its overseas expansion plans, starting July 19, at a starting all-inclusive price of Rs. 8,299. The services on the new routes are subject to regulatory approval, GoAir said in a release Sunday.
Indigo, the country’s largest airline by market share, launched flights on six new routes.
Private carrier SpiceJet is offering flight tickets at a starting all-inclusive price of Rs. 888 in a limited-period scheme. The airline has also announced new international flights.
Airlines announce new routes: Key things
- In “Monsoon Sale”, SpiceJet is offering domestic and international tickets from Rs. 888 and Rs. 3,499, respectively.
- Last week, the carrier announced new non-stop daily fights on the Mumbai-Hong Kong and Hong Kong-Mumbai routes. In June, Spicejet said it will en-route flights on Mumbai-Riyadh-Mumbai, Mumbai-Dhaka-Mumbai, Delhi-Dhaka-Delhi and Delhi-Jeddah-Delhi routes.
- Under this scheme, which is valid for travel till September 25, 2019, flight tickets can be booked until July 7.
- Last month, IndiGo, the country’s largest airline by market share, launched flights on six routes, including four RCS (Regional connectivity scheme) routes.
- The new flights were introduced on Kolkata-Prayagraj (Allahabad), Prayagraj-Kolkata, Raipur-Prayagraj, Prayagraj-Raipur, Kolkata-Jabalpur, Jabalpur-Kolkata routes.
- GoAir will be starting seven new international routes with daily flights to Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Muscat, Bangkok from stations such as Mumbai New Delhi and Kannur.
- Adding of the seven new routes, Bangkok, Dubai, and Kuwait are new ‘markets’ for GoAir, whereas the other routes are already on the airline’s network albeit from different domestic cities.
- GoAir already flies to Abu Dhabi and Muscat from Kannur, and it flies to Phuket and Maldives from Bengaluru, Delhi, and Mumbai.
- The private airline will offer flight tickets at a starting all-inclusive price of Rs. 8,299.