Many investors wish to ensure investments with skyrocketing returns as early as possible without having the risk of obtaining losses to the principal amount. They look for an Investment plan for doubling the overall investment with minimal or no risk.
However, unfortunately, a low-risk and high-return combination is not possible in a real-life scenario. On grounds of reality, returns and risks tend to be directly proportional to each other –going hand in hand. This implies that the higher the returns, the higher is going to be the overall risk, and vice versa.
When you are selecting an investment avenue, you are required to match your own risk with the risks involved in the given product before you make the investment. You can come across some investments featuring higher risks. However, these also reveal the potential to yield higher returns that are Inflation-adjusted in comparison to other asset classes on a long-term basis.
Top 5 Government Investment Schemes with High Returns in India
1. Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
APY or Atal Pension Yojana is a pension scheme introduced by the government to assist the workers in the unorganized sectors so that they can earn a fixed income after they retire. This scheme serves as social security for the financially weak sections of society by offering them pensions for their old age.
Basic Information of Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
- Pension Amount – Up to Rs.5,000
- Age Limit – 18 years – 40 years
- Contribution Period – Minimum 20 years
- Exit Age – 60 years
Atal Pension Plan in India ranks among the top investment schemes for its citizens, especially the economically vulnerable sections. Here, the policyholder receives a guaranteed amount of pension in the range of 1000 to 5000 rupees as per the duration of the plan and the amount invested
2. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
PMJDY is a lucrative government investment scheme, specially crafted for people from financially weak sections to allow them easy access to financial services like:
- Savings and Deposit Accounts
Basic Information of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
- Minimum age to open an account – is 18 years (minors 10 years)
- Interest Rate – depends on the interest rate of the savings account
- Minimum Balance – Zero balance account
- Accidental Insurance Cover – available as per ‘Rupay Scheme’
- Overdraft Facility – Available
This savings account offers the facility of overdraft as per bank transactions and operations.
3. Public Provident Fund (PPF)
The PPF or Public Provident Fund is another top government investment scheme with high returns available for Indian citizens. This is another risk-free scheme that allows the investor to enjoy greater returns.
Basic Information of Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Tenure – 15 years
- Interest rate – 7.1% currently (keep changing)
- Investment Amount – Min. 500 rupees and Max. Rs.1.5 lakh p.a.
- Maturity Amount – Mostly depend on the tenure of investment
The plan is available for a 15-year period and permits investors to have enough savings on Income tax. The rate of interest in this scheme keeps varying every year, and thus the investors are advised to check the rate before investing in the plan.
4. National Savings Scheme (NSC)
This is a low-risk scheme initiated by the government and is available with the post-offices across India. This is another government investment scheme with high returns. This plan is also loaded with features and suits aptly for investors in India. It facilitates a fixed income and definite returns to generate the best revenues. This plan is currently available at a 6.8% rate of interest per annum.
Basic Information of National Savings Scheme (NSC)
- Minimum investment – Rs.1000
- Maximum investment – no max. limit
- Interest Rate – 6.8%
- Lock in tenure – 5 years
- Tax Benefits – Up to Rs.1.5 lakh (as per Section 80C of Income Tax)
Benefits of the National Savings Scheme (NSC)
- The plan offers a fixed return on investment higher as compared to FDs.
- Offer tax benefits under section 80C.
- Available at an initial investment of Rs 1,000, which is very less.
- The Plan is available with a maturity period of 5 years.
5. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
SSY or Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is another good government investment scheme. This is a saving plan crafted especially for girl children in India. This scheme targets parents of girls and supports them to financially secure the future of their daughters by opening an account in either a commercial bank or a post office. The SSY scheme was initiated by the Indian Government under the campaign named; ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ and is available at a 7.6% current interest rate.
Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
- SSY account allows the highest return on tax deduction, and it comes with the EEE status.
- The contributions per year in this account (Rs. 1.5 lakh/year) qualified for tax deduction under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
- The sum received after the account matures is non-taxable.
- Thus it presents incredible Tax Benefits which can’t be ignored.
- It requires a small amount to open an SSY account.
- You can deposit for 15 years, while the account matures in 21 years and allow you to earn continued interest on the amount you deposited.
The Indian Government has made many good plans of investment available to the citizens. As already discussed, now you have information about these plans. Further, they facilitate investment opportunities for everyone alike. There are many government investment schemes for senior citizens as well as for children and people working in the unorganized sectors. You can check the different policies and choose the one that suits you best.