The Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) on Wednesday said it has launched a new toll-free number for GST helpdesk, which will be operational 365 days for answering queries related to the indirect tax.
- In a statement, the GSTN said it has revamped GST helpdesk by introducing new features to improve taxpayers’ experience by making the system more robust and transparent
- The GSTN has come up with a new GST help desk toll-free calling number ‘1800 103 4786’
- With the introduction of the toll-free number, the existing contact number for the GST helpdesk (0120-24888999) has been discontinued, the GSTN added
The GSTN has come up with a new GST help desk toll-free calling number ‘1800 103 4786’. The caller may call on this number on 365 days in a year from 9 am to 9 pm.
Further, 10 new languages were introduced on the helpdesk. Till now, taxpayers had a facility to interact with the GST helpdesk agents in Hindi and English.
Now they can interact in 10 other Indian languages — Bengali, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, Gujarati, Kannada, Odia, Malayalam, Punjabi and Assamese.
Further, an improved version of Grievance Redressal Portal too has been launched.
The GST helpdesk receives an average 8,000 to 10,000 calls every day.
GST Helpline Phone Numbers
By far the most popular way to get in touch with various authorities related to GST is over the phone. You can get help from various relevant government departments through the following list of GST helpline phone numbers:
|Helpdesk Name||Phone Number(s)|
|GST Help Desk||0120-4888-999|
|ICEGATE Help Desk||1800-3010-1000|
*Services available through Saksham Seva include ICEGATE email ID/SSO ID creation and password reset, mapping, hardware/network issues, etc.
GST Help via Email
You can also get GST support via email from various government departments related to GST implementation and maintenance.
|Helpdesk Name||Email ID|
|GST Help Deskemail@example.com **|
|ICEGATE Help Deskfirstname.lastname@example.org|
*Services available through Saksham Seva include ICEGATE email ID/ SSO ID creation and password reset, mapping, hardware/network issues, etc. **GST Helpdesk email ID is in the process of being phased out with the implementation of GST self-service portal.
GST Returns Help from GST Practitioner
In case you are having issues with key GST implementation areas such as GST filing and are unable to get the information online or using GST Helpline number, you can opt to engage the services of an authorized GST Practitioner. The actions that a GST Practitioner can perform on behalf of GST registered persons/businesses include:
- Providing details of inwards/outwards supplies
- Filing monthly/quarterly/annual/final return
- Making deposits into the electronic cash ledger
- Filing refund claims on the GST Portal
- Filing applications related to amending/cancelling GST registration
A list of GST practitioners operating in your area can be obtained by using the Locate GST Practitioner Tool available on the Official GST Portal. You can search the contact details of available GST practitioners using their Enrolment Number/GSTP (GST Practitioner) ID or Name/Area.