Aadhar card update: Getting a 12-digit Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI number is important as proper Aadhaar card information is essential to claim various government-run welfare schemes like PM Kisan Nidhi Yojana, Ujjwala Yojana, LPG subsidy, ration card, etc. So, getting Aadhaar card is not enough. Having correct information and proper cropping and setting of Aadhaar card holder’s picture is also important. In case, an Aadhaar card holder is not happy with its Aadhar card photo, he or she can get it changed online.
As per the UIDAI norms, for updation of demographic details in one’s Aadhaar number like name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile number, email address, etc. one need not to visit Aadhaar Enrolment centre whereas for biometric updates like iris, finger prints and facial photograph, one has to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment centre. Biometric information includes iris, finger prints and facial photograph. However, there are some online procedures to change Aadhaar card photograph, which helps Aadhaar card holders to make its work easy.
To update the photo, one can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the link https://uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/update-aadhaar.html
- Download Aadhaar Enrollment Form and fill the required details
- Submit the form at the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre
- The executive at the center will verify the details and capture a new picture
- You will be asked to pay a fees of Rs 100 plus GST
- After Payment, collect the acknowledgement slip with the Update Request Number (URN)
- The details will be updated in 90 days.
- Using the URN, you can check the Aadhaar card update status on UIDAI website.
- You cannot update picture through Self Service Update Portal online.