Indian Premier League 2021 aka IPL 2021 is set to begin from Friday, April 9. The fourteenth season of the Twenty20 cricket league will bring a total of eight teams that will play matches at six different venues across India. While many cricket fans were looking to watch the forthcoming season of the Vivo IPL 2021 live, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) decided to play the matches behind closed doors to begin with — owing to the coronavirus pandemic. Fans will have to follow along the action on screen instead and you can do so online on your mobile phone or smart TV, aside from live TV. Here are some ways through which you can enjoy watching IPL 2021 live at your home for free.
BCCI partnered with Disney + Hotstar
BCCI has partnered with Disney + Hotstar to show IPL 2021 matches live to viewers. In such a situation, users can enjoy IPL 2021 live matches by subscribing to this OTT platform. If you want to watch IPL 2021 matches live on Disney + Hotstar, then you can subscribe to its 399 rupees. Apart from this, if you want an annual subscription, then you can purchase a plan of Rs 1499. In both these plans, you will get access to IPL 2021 live streaming.
if you are a Jio user and do not want to subscribe to Disney + Hotstar separately, then you can watch IPL 2021 matches online for free too. For this, you have to have a connection with Jio. Jio users have to follow some steps to watch IPL 2021 matches for free. We’re going to tell you the step-by-step process.
- First of all, you have to download the Hotstar app from Google Play on your mobile.
- If you are an iPhone user, you can download it from the App Store.
- After this, you will also have to download the Jio TV App on your smartphone.
- After downloading both the apps, you have to go to the Jio TV app and click on the channels of Star Cricket in it.
- As soon as you select it, it will redirect you to Hotstar.
- There you can watch live streaming of the IPL matches.
You will also get a free subscription to Disney + Hotstar in these Jio recharge plans