NEET Counselling 2020 is expected to begin soon for the 15 percent Air India Quota seats, a report said on Thursday (October 22).
It is to be noted that all those candidates who had applied under the Indian/Other categories can now apply for NRI status too. The students can check the complete procedure on the official website.
NTA has already released the NEET provisional answer keys of all the sections of the NTA NEET test and NEET OMR sheets of the candidates.
NEET 2020 exams were concluded on September 13 amid the COVID-19 pandemic. About 85-90 percent of 15.97 lakh candidates appeared for NEET 2020 exam. Almost 300 candidates, who missed the exams on September 13 due to the pandemic, took the test on October 14.
To qualify for MBBS/BSD courses, candidates need to obtain a minimum of 50th percentile in NEET. For those belonging to reserved categories including SC and ST category, the minimum marks are 40th percentile and for PwD candidates it is 45th percentile.
NEET Counselling 2020: Important Instructions
- NEET Counselling 2020 would be conducted online and the documents required for MBBS admission are NEET admit card, rank card, scorecard, date of birth certificate, provisional Seat Allotment Letter/ Call Letter, prepaid fee receipt, classes 10, 12 mark sheets, and passing certificates, aadhar card, migration certificate, PAN card, passport size photos, and medical fitness certificates.
- Candidates will have to fill in the choices after completing the registration process by logging into the registered account on the MCC portal.
- The seat allocation list would be prepared based on the AIR obtained in NEET 2020 examination and the choices filled in the registration form. The seat allocation list would be uploaded online on the official website of MCC.
- The counseling for All India Quota seats will be conducted in two rounds. The seats left vacant after the first round will be carried forward to the second round. However, the seats left vacant after the second round of NEET counseling 2020 will be transferred to the respective state quota.
- The number of seats in the participating medical colleges in AIQ counseling has been increased this year. With the increase in the number of colleges, the number of seats has also been increased to 4591 from 4064.
Mean-while, About 54,044 new Covid-19 infections were reported in the last 24 hours in India, taking the total tally to 7,651,107. In the same period, 717 deaths have been recorded, continuing the trend of high recoveries across the country. On Tuesday, there were 46,790 new cases and 587 deaths.
Since the last week of September, Covid-19 cases on Oxygen support (in ICUs, ventilation, oxygen-supported beds) have shown a significant decrease, the ministry said adding that this trend aligns with the national decline of active cases to less than 10 percent of the total cases.