The new income tax e-filing portal launched on Monday promises several taxpayer-friendly features including, immediate processing of tax returns for the quick issue of refunds, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) said in a statement. It also offers interactive software for easier preparation of returns.
”The new e-filing portal is aimed at providing taxpayer convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers,” the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) said in a statement. The CBDT, which comes under the finance ministry, also stated that a mobile app of the portal will be released after the launch of the portal.
However, the new e-filing website link was not opening till 11.30 am today. “We are as excited about the new portal as our users! We are at the final stages in the roll-out of the new portal and it will be available shortly. We appreciate your patience as we work towards making it operational soon,” the tax department tweeted at 9 am.
New e-filing portal features and benefits
- Immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers
- Single dashboard to display all interactions and uploads or pending actions for follow-up action by taxpayer;
- Taxpayers can proactively update their profile to provide details of income including salary, house property, business/profession which will be used in pre-filling their ITR.
- The detailed enablement of pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend and capital gains will be available after TDS and SFT statements are uploaded (due date is June 30th, 2021)
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for promt response to taxpayer queries.
- Detailed FAQs, User Manuals, Videos and chatbot/live agent also provided;
- Functionalities for filing Income Tax Forms, Add tax professionals, Submit responses to Notices in Faceless Scrutiny or Appeals would be available.
Income Tax return ITR e-Filing Online Direct Link
Earlier, those who used to file income tax return or ITR online, need to visit http://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. Now, Income Tax Department is launching a new portal on June 7, 2021
i.e on Monday. This new portal or website for income tax return online or ITR e-filing is www.incometax.gov.in.