PAN card or Permanent Account Number is a unique ten-digit alphanumeric number and is issued in a form of a laminated card, under the Indian Tax Department. It is one of the most important documents for the citizen of India. It is not only used for tax purposes but also as identity proof. However, if your PAN card contains an old photo, and needs signature updates then it can lead to problems in the future. So, it is advised to get the mistakes and inaccuracies in your PAN corrected as soon as possible.
Steps to change Photo and Signature in PAN Card:
An individual can use both online and offline methods for the PAN Card correction. Here is a step by step guide you can follow to update or correct your details in a PAN card.
- Login to the web portal of NSDL.
- Select the option which states ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data’ from the ‘Application Type’ option.
- Proceeding further, select the ‘Individual’ from the ‘Category’ Menu.
- Enter the ‘Applicant Information’ and click on the ‘submit’ option.
- Now note down the generated token number and continue with the PAN application.
- Proceeding further, select the option as to how you want to perform KYC Enter all the mandatory details such as Aadhaar or EID and other details.
- Click on the option ‘Photo Mismatch’ and ‘Signature Mismatch’ and enter Father’s or Mother’s details and click on the ‘Next’ button for PAN card signature change or photo update.
- Enter your details including contact details, address, and so on in the ‘Address and Contact’ section.
- Provide proof of identity, date of birth, address.
- On submission of a copy of the Aadhaar Card, all the three above requirements will be fulfilled. Also, submit a copy of your PAN or PAN allotment letter.
- Tick the declaration as shown and click on the ‘submit’ option to submit your details.
- Now upload the scanned copies of all the document proofs for verification purposes.
- Review the form once and verify if all the details entered are correct, post this click on the ‘Submit’ option to submit your details, or else one can click on the ‘Edit’ option to update your details.
- Make a payment of Rs 101 (including GST) if one resides in India and Rs 1011 (includes GST), if you reside outside India.
- Now save the application and take a print out of the same.
Send the printed application to NSDL’s address to Income Tax PAN Services Unit (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited), 5th Floor Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune 411016.
Please Note: Do enclose the required documents along with the form before posting it. You will be receiving a 15 – digit acknowledgment number which can be used to track the status of the application in the future.
List of Documents Required to Change Image and Signature in PAN Card
- The following are the list of documents required to change photo and signature in PAN Card:
- Aadhaar Card
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card issued by the Government of India
- Driving License
- Ration card (includes a photograph of the applicant)
- Election ID card
- Photo of the applicant (size of the photo should be 3.5 cmX2.5 cm or 132.28 pixelsX94.49 pixels)
- Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or a state government or a Public Sector Undertaking
- Other national or citizenship identification number or Taxpayer Identification Number which is duly attested by ‘Apostille’
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card issued by the Government of India
- Central Government Health Scheme Card or Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photocard.