Long queues in State Bank of India branches is a very common sight. India’s largest lender caters to lakhs of customers daily. However, if you are an SBI account holder the this is good news for you. In order to provide its customers and account holders ease of doing business, the SBI has several features. One such feature that the SBI provides is doorstep banking. Yes, you heard it right. SBI Doorstep banking helps you do transactions from the comfort of your home, saving time and money. Services, such as, cash/cheque pickup and delivery have been really popular during the COVID-19 pandemic as people, especially senior citizens, avoided going outside. But these SBI services can be used on a daily basis. “Your bank now at your doorstep. Register today for doorstep banking. For more information: https://bank.sbi/dsb. Toll-free no. 1800 1037 188 or 1800 1213 721,” SBI said in a tweet.
In this article, we will explain how you can register for the SBI doorstep banking and services that you can take benefit of. Whether you need cash at your doorstep or checkbook at home, you don’t need to go to the nearest SBI ATM or Branch. SBI Doorstep Banking gives you services like Cash pickup, Cash delivery, Cheque pickup, Cheque requisition Slip pickup, Form 15H pickup, Delivery of Drafts, Delivery of Term Deposit AdviceDelivery of Term Deposit Advice, Life Certificate Pickup, KYC documents pickup among others.
- Cash pickup
- Cash delivery
- Cheque pickup
- Cheque requisition Slip pickup
- Form 15H pickup
- Delivery of Drafts
- Delivery of Term Deposit AdviceDelivery of Term Deposit Advice
- Life Certificate Pickup
- KYC documents pickup
SBI’s Doorstep Banking (DSB) Services: How to Register
- The service request can be made at toll free number 1800111103 between 9 am to 4 pm on working days at the centre.
- The service request for registration is done at the home branch.
- Doorstep banking service is available to only fully KYC-compliant customers.
- Service charges per visit for non-financial transactions is ₹60+GST and ₹100+GST for financial transactions
- The amount of cash withdrawal and cash deposit is restricted to ₹20,000/-per transaction per day.
- Account-holders with a valid registered mobile number within 5 Km radius of their home branch will be able to avail these services.
- Customers with accounts that are operated jointly will not be able to avail these services.
- The service will also be unavailable for minor account and accounts of non- personal nature.
- Withdrawal will be permitted using cheque/withdrawal form with passbook.
SBI Doorstep Banking: Eligibility
- Senior Citizens of more than 70 years of age and differently-abled or infirm Persons (Having medically certified chronic illness or disability) including those who are visually impaired.
- Fully KYC compliant account holders
- Valid Mobile Number should be registered with the account
- Single account holders and Joint Account Holders with Either or Survivor/ Former or Survivor.
Not available for:
Accounts operated jointly.
Accounts of Non-Personal nature.
Customers having registered address within a radius of 5 KMs from the Home Branch.
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had inaugurated doorstep banking services by public sector banks in October last year.