T20 World Cup squad: The 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup is scheduled to be the seventh ICC Men’s T20 World Cup tournament, which is planned to held at United Arab Emirates and Oman. The player ages are as on 17 October 2021, the opening day of the tournament, and where a player plays for more than one team in Twenty20 cricket, only their domestic team is listed (for example: at the time, Jos Buttler played for Lancashire Lightning).
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced a 15-man squad for the T20 World Cup, scheduled to be played in Oman and the UAE from October 17 to November 14. Virat Kohli will lead the squad as India will also travel with 3 stand-by players for the tournament which will be held with Covid-19 protocols in place.
Taking all cricket buffs by surprise, Dhoni was named as the mentor for the tournament. Dhoni, as captain, brought home three major ICC trophies — World T20, Champions Trophy and World Cup. He also won three IPL titles as the skipper of Super Kings (CSK). His experience coupled with the team’s performance, has fans already excited, with many dubbing the Men in Blue as “champions”.
The squad was announced after the India team management, including captain Virat Kohlit, attended a virtual meeting with the selection panel, headed by former pacer Chetan Sharma.
Here’s the full list of India’s 15-member squad for T20 World Cup:
1) Virat Kohli (Captain)- Matches: 90 | Runs: 3159 | Strike-rate: 139.04
2) Rohit Sharma (Vice-Captain)- Matches: 111 | Runs: 2864 | Strike-rate: 138.96
3) KL Rahul- Matches: 49 | Runs: 1557 | Strike-rate: 142.19
4) Suryakumar Yadav- Matches: 4 | Runs: 139 | Strike-rate: 169.51
5) Rishabh Pant (Wicketkeeper)- Matches: 33 | Runs: 512 | Strike-rate: 123.07
6) Ishan Kishan (Wicketkeeper)- Matches: 3 | Runs: 180 | Strike-rate: 145.45
7) Hardik Pandya- Matches: 49 | Runs: 484 | Wickets: 42
8) Ravindra Jadeja- Matches: 50 | Runs: 217 | Wickets: 39
9) Rahul Chahar- Matches: 5 | Wickets: 7 | Economy Rate: 7.61
10) Ravichandran Ashwin- Matches: 46 | Runs: 123 | Wickets: 52
11) Axar Patel- Matches: 12 | Wickets: 9 | Economy Rate: 6.88
12) Varun Chakravarthy- Matches: 3 | Wickets: 2 | Economy Rate: 5.30
13) Jasprit Bumrah- Matches: 50 | Wickets: 59 | Economy Rate: 6.66
14) Bhuvneshwar Kumar- Matches: 51| Wickets: 50 | Economy Rate: 6.90
15) Mohammed Shami- Matches: 12 | Wickets: 12 | Economy Rate: 9.80
ICC Men’s Cricket T20 World Cup 2021 Stage, Group and Team Details:
|Round 1||Group A||Sri Lanka, Ireland, the Netherlands and Namibia|
|Round 1||Group B||Bangladesh, Scotland, Papua New Guinea and Oman|
|Super 12s||Group 1||England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, A1 and B2|
|Super 12s||Group 2||India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Afghanistan, A2 and B|
Also read: ICC T20 World Cup 2021 complete schedule.