Aadhaar card is one of the mandatory KYC documents required in India for availing of government subsidies and benefits of various government-run welfare schemes. It is considered to be an important identity proof document across different sectors as it includes important details of citizens like full name, permanent address, and date of birth, all linked to a unique 12-digit number which is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
Here is a glimpse of some facts regarding the Blue Aadhaar card that you must know:
Just like the procedure to make a regular Aadhaar card, the parent will have to fill a form enrolling their child for the registration. After this, documents like Proof of Identity, Proof of Address, Proof of Relationship, and Date of Birth of the child will be required to proceed further.
A Blue Aadhaar card is in a lot of ways different than a regular Aadhaar card. Apart from the obvious fact that it is for children below 5 years of age, the biggest difference between the two Aadhaar cards is that the ‘Baal Aadhar’ card does not contain the biometric information of the child.
Here is the step-by-step guide to getting your child registered for the Blue Aadhaar:
1. Go to the Aadhaar enrollment centre with your child, but don’t forget to carry important documents like your Aadhaar card, your address proof, and the birth certificate of the child.
2. Get the Aadhaar enrollment form from the centre and fill it up.
3. Give your Aadhaar number details as your Aadhaar number will be liked to the UID of the child.
4. You will need to give your active phone number under which your child’s Blue Aadhaar card will be issued.
5. No biometric information is needed, only a photograph will be clicked by the officials of the Aadhaar enrollment centre.
6. After the photography, the document verification process starts.
7. After verifying the documents, you will get a message on your registered mobile number about the completion of the process.
8. Don’t forget to collect the acknowledgement slip.
9. Within 60 days after the completion of verification, a Blue Aadhaar card will be issued in the name of your child.