Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a unique, ten-digit alphanumeric identity issued by the Income Tax Department to all taxpayers in India. PAN facilitates instrumental transactions such as tax payments, entering certain financial contracts, and filing I-T returns. It also serves as a government-verified proof of identity. Here’s how you can apply for PAN online using your Aadhaar card.
Apply for PAN using your Aadhaar card:-
e-PAN application facility via Aadhaar KYC
If you don’t have a PAN card, you can easily apply for it online using your Aadhaar card, free of cost. The e-PAN facility launched by the I-T department lets users apply for a digitally-signed PAN using Aadhaar for KYC, for quick and convenient allotment.
Procedure to apply for e-PAN using Aadhaar KYC
- Log on to the UTITSL’s PANOnline portal, and click on ‘Apply as an Indian Citizen/NRI.’
- Next, click on ‘Apply & Sign using Digital Signature/Aadhaar based e-Sign..’ link.
- You will be directed to Form 49A.
- Check the apt boxes as per your needs, fill the form, and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Post successful submission, a 15-digit acknowledgment number will be issued to you.
Click Here to directly apply for PAN Card