Phase 2 of Lok Sabha elections 2019 are being held today. Around 1,600 candidates are contesting for 95 seats in 11 states and one union territory. As you go to get inked today, there are simple steps you need to follow on the voting process. A point to remember – Mobile phones, cameras or any other gadget is not allowed inside a polling booth. The election timings are 7 AM to 6 PM. The counting of votes for the seven-phase election, which ends on May 19, will be held on May 23. To know details about election schedule and other important facts, click here.
How To Vote #India In 5 Simple Steps:
1. Check your name on the voters’ list and details about your polling center on the National Voter Services Portal (NSVP). To check your name in the voters’ list, click here.
2. Once you reach your polling booth, the polling official will check your name on the voter list and check your ID proof.
3. After this, second polling official will ink your finger, give you a slip and take your signature on a register (Form 17A).
4. You will have to deposit the slip at the third polling official and show your inked finger and then proceed to the polling booth.
5. Record your vote by pressing the ballot button opposite the symbol of the candidate of your choice on the Electronic Voting Machine (EVM); you will hear a beep sound. Check the slip that appears in the transparent window of the VVPAT machine.
The slip with the Candidate serial number, Name and Symbol shall be visible for seven seconds before it drops in the sealed VVPAT box. You can press NOTA, None of the Above if you don’t like any candidate; it’s the last button on the EVM.
Voter ID valid for voting on election day:
Voters can carry any of the below mentioned recognized ID cards for polling:
-EPIC (Voter ID card)
-Service Identity Cards with photograph issued to employees by -Central/State Govt./PSUs/Public Limited Companies
-Passbooks with photograph issued by Bank/Post Office
-Smart Card issued by RGI under NPR
-MNREGA Job Card (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee)
-Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour Pension document with photograph Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs Aadhaar Card
Voting for 543 Lok Sabha seats is being held in seven phases. The dates are April 11, April 18, April 23, April 29, May 6, May 12 and May 19. Counting will be done on May 23.