For individuals [not subject to tax audit provisions under Income-tax Act, 1961 (‘the Act’)], the income tax return (ITR) filing deadline for Financial Year (FY) 2020-21 (Assessment Year 2021-22) has been extended from 31 July, 2021 to 30 September, 2021 owing to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. ITR forms (Forms 1, 2 and 4) for FY 2020-21 have already been notified by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
Though the government has extended the timeline ITR Filing, taxpayers still need to complete a few tax related procedures by July 31.
Income Tax Return ITR Filing Last Date 2021 – All Details.
- As per the finance ministry statement- Tax deducted certificate at Source in Form Number 16, required to be furnished to the employee on or before July 31, 2021.
2. The Quarterly Statement in Form Number 15CC to be furnished by authorized dealer in respect of remittances made for the quarter ending on 30th June, 2021, required to be furnished on or before July 31, 2021, the statement issued by the Ministry of Finance reads.
3. The Statement of Income paid or credited by an investment fund to its unit holder in Form Number 64C for the Previous Year 2020-21, required to be furnished on or before July 31, 2021, according to details provided by the central government.
4. The Annual Statement required to be furnished under sub-section (5) of section 9A of the Act by the eligible investment fund in Form Number 3CEK for the Financial Year 2020-21, may be furnished on or before July 31, 2021.
5. The Equalization Levy Statement in Form Number 1 for the Financial Year 2020-21, which is required to be filed on or before July 31, 2021.
6. Exercising of option to withdraw pending application (filed before the erstwhile Income Tax Settlement Commission) under sub-section (1) of Section 245M of the Act in Form Number 34BB, may be exercised on or before July 31, 2021.