Microsoft 365 is now available in India. It is a refreshed version of Office 365 and comes with new Artificial Intelligence (AI), rich content and templates, and cloud experiences. The new Office features have been rolled out to all existing Office 365 customers and Microsoft 365 Personal and Family subscriptions are now available worldwide.
The new services are aimed at personal and family use. The Family plan can serve up to six members. Microsoft 365 Personal costs Rs 420 a month. A family of up to six people can use Microsoft 365 Family for ₹530 a month.
“The Microsoft 365 Family and Personal subscriptions will provide users with innovative experiences that enable them to co-author, video chat, organize, and come together with friends and families anytime and anywhere,” said Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President, Windows and Devices Group.
The Microsoft 365 Personal costs ₹420 a month and ₹4,199 a year. The family version will cost ₹530 per month and ₹5,299 per year for up to six people.
- The company claims content in the new services is driven by Artificial intelligence and Cloud-powered experience.
- The new features include premium desktop Office apps, 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage per person (even in the Family package), 60 Skype minutes for calling mobile phones and landlines, advanced security features to protect users from malware and phishing attacks and ongoing technical support, among others. The premium desktop apps include Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access (PC Only) and Publisher (PC Only).
- The new features also include a Microsoft Editor – an AI-powered service available in more than 20 languages which is now accessible across Word and Outlook.com, and as a standalone browser extension for Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
- Similarly, an AI-powered Presenter in Microsoft PowerPoint will help correct monotone pitch and refine speeches. Initially, this feature will be available as a free preview but later only Microsoft 365 users will be able to make use of the feature.
- Excel users will get new data types and smart templates to interact with data, providing deeper meaning for over 100 topics. Microsoft 365 subscribers will also get exclusive access to the over 100 new data types powered by Wolfram Alpha.
- Later this year, the software company has claimed that they will also launch a new version of Teams tool with better features aimed at connecting family and friends.