PF Rules 2021 – Provident Fund (PF) account holders must take note that Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has introduced a few changes in PF rules. These changes in rules have come into force today i.e June 1, 2021.
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has done some changes in the PF account rules effective from 1st June 2021 i.e. from today. In its message to the employers, the EPFO has made Aadhaar seeding mandatory for all EPF accounts. Failing to this will lead to discontinuation of the employers’ contribution in the EPF account as they won’t be able to file ECR of the EPF accounts not linked with Aadhaar. The EPFO also directed the employers to get the UAN of all EPF account holders Aadhaar verified. So, the EPF account holders are suggested to ask its employers about the EPFO guidelines and do the needful if the employers have not done Aadhaar verification of one’s EPF account and UAN.
According to the Union Ministry of Labour and Employment, employees and workers at the unorganised sector need to provide 12-digit Aadhaar number for benefits, receiving payment, registration under section 142 of Social Security Code 2020.
“Now, we will start asking for Aadhaar numbers from beneficiaries under the Social Security Code. This is also required for our database for unorganised sector workers, including migrant workers. However the delivery of services under various social security schemes would not be denied due to non-submission of Aadhaar,” labour secretary Apurva Chandra told PTI.
The main purpose behind the move, said the ministry, is to create a database of workers employed in the unorganised sector. Section 142 deals with establishing the identity of employees and unorganised workers through Aadhaar number for availing benefits and services under the Social Security Code.
How to do EPF Aadhaar linking online
- Visit the Unified Portal of Employees’ Provident Fund webpage – unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in.
- Select the ‘UAN Member e-Sewa’ link under the ‘For Employees’ tab.
- Login with your UAN id and password.
- Under the ‘Manage’ tab, select the ‘KYC’ option.
- It will direct you to a page where you find tabs to upload a number of documents to link with your EPF account.
- Select the tab which states ‘Aadhaar’
- Fill in your name and aadhaar card number correctly and click ‘Save’
- Post this, your aadhaar number will be verified with UIDAI’s database
- After the successful approval of the KYC document by the employer and UIDAI, the EPF account gets linked to the aadhaar card
- You can check the status as ‘Verified’ will be written next to your card number