NTA UGC NET June 2020 online registration is being conducted at ‘ugcnet.nta.nic.in till 16th April 2020. In this article, we have shared all the details related to UGC NET Exam, Candidates are advised to read it thoroughly
UGC NET 2020: Important Details
UGC NET 2020 is going to conduct by the NTA from 15th June to 20th June 2020 in an online mode. Candidates are advised to visit the official website @ ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
A candidate must also ensure the eligibility before applying for the different posts (‘Assistant Professor’, ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’) under NTA UGC NET. However, the forms are available online and registration will up to 16th April 2020.
Below are some Important Dates for the NTA UGC NET June 2020 Exam:
|UGC NET June 2020 Exam||Important Dates|
|Online Application and Registration Date||16th March 2020 to 16th April 2020|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit Card/Debit Card/ NetBanking/ Paytm||17 April 2020 (up to 11:50 pm)|
|Correction in particulars of Application Form on the website only||18 April to 24 April 2020|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||15th May 2020|
|UGC NET June 2020 Exam Dates||15th June 2020 to 20th June 2020|
|Date for announcing results||5th July 2020|
Different Posts under UGC NET 2020
A candidate appearing for the UGC NET June 2020, conducted by the NTA, can apply for the Assistant Professor’, ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in recognized Indian Universities or Colleges. An applicant firstly, ensure eligibility for the specific posts.
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidates should own a Master’s degree or its equivalent from a board or university recognized by UGC.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks (50% for ST/SC/OBC/PwD) in the Master’s degree in streams such as Social Science, Humanities, Computer Science & Applications and Electronic Science.
- Appearing Candidate: Candidates who are in their final year of the qualifying exam can also apply.
- There is no age limit for the position of Assistant Professor. However, in the case of JRF, the age of the applicant must not be more than 30 years as of January 1, 2020. 5 years of relaxation is given to reserved candidates.
- For LLM Degree possessing candidates, 3 years of age relaxation will be given.
- Candidates, who have served in the armed forces, will be given 5 years of age relaxation.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor):
- Candidates must clear their NET/SLET/SET exam in order to be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in various Universities or institutions.
- Candidates successfully clearing their SET before June 1, 2002, recognized by UGC will be exempted to appear in the exam.
- Candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination earlier than the year 1989 are exempted to appear for the test.
- Candidates who are awarded a Ph.D. Degree by UGC as per the minimum standards and process for the award will be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SET/SELT for appointment as Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the complete UGC NET Exam Pattern below, before starting your exam preparation:
- Exam Date: UGC NET 2020 Exam will be conducted from 15th to 20th June 2020 for the June Session exam.
- Exam Mode: The entrance test will be organized in an Online CBT mode.
- Number of Papers: There will be two papers for the exam – Paper I and Paper-II.
- Number of Questions: A total of 150 questions will be there in the exam paper. 50 questions in Paper I and 100 questions in Paper-II.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple-choice type questions.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in the medium language of English and Hindi.
- Time Duration: Paper I will be of 1-hour duration while Paper II will be of 2 hours.
- Total Marks: Paper 1 will be of 100 marks and Paper-II will be of 200 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 2 marks will be given. There will be no provision of negative marking for incorrect answers.
Check the distribution of questions and marks for various papers in the below-given table:
|Papers||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper I||50||100||60 minutes|
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
UGC NET Syllabus for Paper I and Paper II can be checked by the candidates through online mode. It will vary as per the subjects chosen by the candidate at the time of registration.
Paper I of UGC NET 2020 will contain questions of generic nature, intending to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the students. This paper will test the candidate’s knowledge in reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness.
Paper-II of UGC NET 2020 will contain various topics from the subjects selected by the candidates. The topics will be related to Bachelors’s and Masters’s level syllabus.
UGC NET 2020 Preparation Tips
Below we have provided UGC NET preparation tips with the help of which candidates can score good marks and qualify the test:
Applicants have to pay the below application fee as per their categories:
- For General Candidates – Rs.1000
- For General EWS/ OBC- NCL Candidates – Rs.500
- For ST/SC/PwD Candidates – Rs.250
Mode of Payment: Applying candidates can pay the application fee through debit/credit card/ Net Banking/Paytm.