Since the Aadhaar number was introduced by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), it has proven its worth, making life easier for many people. You need Aadhaar for many things like proving your identity, opening a bank account, filing income tax returns and so on. To make things easier for citizens, UIDAI has come up with mAadhaar, a mobile app through which you can avail of many Aadhaar services.
You can download mAadhaar from Google Play Store if you have an Android phone, or from the Apple App store if you have an iPhone. You can get mAadhaar in as many as 13 languages – including English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu. You can avail of 35 services like Download Aadhaar, Order Aadhaar Reprint, Status Check, Locate Aadhaar Kendra and so on.
Here are the top 20 services you can make use of on mAadhaar App:
1. mAadhaar users can download Aadhaar Card in the App itself.
2. users can order a Reprint of Aadhaar.
3. users can update address mentioned in their Aadhaar.
4. users can download offline eKYC.
5. users show or Scan QR Code.
6. users can verify their Aadhaar.
7. App users can verify mail/email.
8. mAadhaar App users can retrieve the Unique Identity Number (UID).
9. mAadhaar App users can also retrieve Enrolment number (EID).
10. mAadhaar App users can request Address Validation Letter.
11. mAadhaar App users can check the status of various online requests through ‘Request Status Services’.
12. mAadhaar App users can lock their Aadhaar or Biometric Authentication through a personalized section called ‘My Aadhaar’. mAadhaar App users can also avail the facility of unlocking their Aadhaar or Biometric Authentication through ‘My Aadhaar’.
13. mAadhaar App users have Aadhaar Locking facility through which they can lock their UID/Aadhaar number anytime.
14. Through mAadhaar App, Aadhaar cardholders can get Time-based One-Time Password which is generated automatically.
15. App users can get an updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
16. App users can share password-protected eKYC or QR code for paperless verification.
17. Through App, holders can include up to 3 profiles with the same registered mobile number in the profile section.
18. Through uidai App, holders can avail Aadhaar services on SMS. This helps holders avail services even if there is no network.
19. Through mAadhaar App, users can locate nearest Enrolment Center.
20. Cardholders can avail the service of Biometric Locking system to lock their biometric through the mAadhaar App. Aadhaar cardholders can also unlock their biometric through ‘Disable the Locking system’ of mAadhaar App.