Aadhaar card for children:The Aadhaar enrolment process for children is quite similar to that of adults, except for certain minor differences. For enrolling children, parents will have to go to the nearest enrolment center and fill in the enrolment form. The Aadhaar card for a child will be issued free of cost. The difference here will be that:
- There will be no biometric data captured in case of children below 5 years of age
- A child’s Unique Identification (UID) will be issued by taking into reference the demographic data and photos that are linked to the UID of the parents
- However, it will be required for the child upon turning 5 years and 15 years to update his/her demographic data -biometrics of ten fingers, facial photo, and iris scan
- If parents are applying for an Aadhaar card for their child who is below 5 years, it is required to furnish the details of the parent or guardian in the enrolment form
Everyone can enrol for Aadhaar – even a new born child. All you need is the child's birth certificate and Aadhaar of one of the parents. Book appointment from: https://t.co/QFcNEqehlP pic.twitter.com/0Ncvr6XCKD
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) February 7, 2020
“Remember to take your child to nearby Aadhaar Kendra for the mandatory biometric update at age 5 years and again at age 15 years. This is important to keep your child’s data updated and makes it easy for the child to use Aadhaar when required, UIDAI said in a tweet.
Remember to take your child to nearby Aadhaar Kendra for the mandatory biometric update at age 5 years and again at age 15 years. This is important to keep your child's data updated and makes it easy for the child to use Aadhaar when required. pic.twitter.com/IWWUwTdE9W
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) February 4, 2020
How to apply for Aadhaar card for children
- Go to your nearest Aadhaar center to enroll your child.
- The parent or guardian’s Aadhaar along with the child’s birth certificate is required.
- Biometric will not be collected from kids up to the age of five.
- The kid’s Aadhaar will be linked to her/his parent’s Aadhaar.
- Birth certificate of the child OR Photo ID issued by the child’s school.
- Aadhaar card details of the child’s parents.
- Address and ID proof of the child’s parents.
How to book an appointment online for Aadhar card for children
1) Visit UIDAI’s website and go to the Aadhaar card registration link.
2) Fill in the details such as the name of the child, mobile number of the parent, e-mail ID of the parent.
3) After filling in the personal details, provide demographic details.
4) Now, click on the ‘Fix Appointment’ button.
5) Don’t forget to carry all the required documents and the reference number along with a print out of the form to the center with you on the date of the appointment.
6) At the Centre, all documents will be verified. After the verification is done, if the child is above 5 years old, his or her biometric details will be taken and then linked to their Aadhaar card.