Bank holidays in May 2022: Are you looking to plan a trip with friends or family in the month of May 2022 but confused as to when your college or office is closed due to national or regional public holidays? If the answer is yes, you have come to the right page. This is because here we have compiled a list of public and bank holidays that fall in the month of May 2022. Read on to find the list of holidays and know more about them.
The bank holidays are decided by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under four categories – Negotiable Instruments Act, Holidays, Real-Time Gross Settlement Holiday, and Banks’ Closing of accounts, a report by the Mint stated. Apart from the national holidays, there are some state-wise holidays which consist of all Sundays along with the second and fourth Saturdays.
Bank Holidays in May 2022: Full list
- May 1 (Sunday): May Day – Across the country/ Maharashtra Day – Maharashtra
- May 2 (Monday): Maharshi Parasuram Jayanti – Several states
- May 3 (Tuesday): Idul Fitr, Basava Jayanti (Karnataka)
- May 4 (Wednesday): Idul Fitr – Telangana
- May 9 (Monday): Guru Rabindranath Jayanti – West Bengal and Tripura
- May 13 (Thursday): Idul Fitr – National
- May 14 (Saturday): Second Saturday Bank Holiday
- May 16 (Monday): State Day, Buddha Purnima – Sikkim and other states
- May 24 (Tuesday): Birthday of Kazi Nazrul Islam – Sikkim
- May 28 (Saturday): Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday
Please note that few bank holidays may differ as per state-specific festivals. Also, all banks are shut on Sundays and second and fourth Saturdays.