- Visit the official National Voters Services Portal: http://www.nvsp.in
- Go to the option ‘Correction of entries in electoral roll’
- Click on Form 8 to make corrections
- Enter the required details like State and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency, name, the part number of the electoral roll, serial number, gender, and age, family details, complete address etc and submit
- Select the details that need to be corrected/changed eg. click on ‘My Name’ to correct only the name in your voter ID
- Enter the city, date of request, and contact information
- Verify all the information and click on Submit
For correction of name, upload a document where the name is spelt correctly. For example, a copy of passport, PAN card or any official document. In case of change of name, upload official proof such as a copy of the government gazette.
For verification of address, Aadhaar card, driving license, passport, ration card can be used. Government officials can use their ID card or bank passbook. Latest water, electricity, telephone, gas bill can also be used as proof of address.
Once the entire process is completed, a reference number will be generated through which you can track the status of the application online through the website of the Chief Electoral Officer for your state/union territory. The application will then be verified by electoral authorities. If the verification is successful, you will be able to collect the voter ID card from the nearest electoral office. It usually takes between 2 to 3 weeks to receive the voter ID card after submitting for verification.