Employees Provident Fund Organisation or EPFO asks for nomination from EPF or PF account holders. EPFO asks for this from its subscribers to ensure the social security of the family members of the EPFO subscribers. In fact, EPFO has now made it easier for the EPFO members to do it digitally. Now, an EPFO subscriber can submit EPF, EPS nomination digitally by logging in at the EPFO website — epfindia.gov.in.
“EPF/EPS Nomination filed by Members in January 2022. File e-Nomination today and ensure #SocialSecurity for your Family/Nominee,” recently EPFO tweeted from its official Twitter handle.
EPF/EPS Nomination filed by Members in January 2022. File e-Nomination today and ensure #SocialSecurity for your Family/Nominee.#EPF #EPS #AmritMahotsav @AmritMahotsav pic.twitter.com/ABgdEE7wpD
— EPFO (@socialepfo) February 11, 2022
The EPFO also shared a video link that shows how to submit EPF and EPS nominations digitally step-by-step. Here’s the video:
It should be emphasized that an EPFO subscriber can nominate more than one person in their s-nomination, and no additional physical credentials are necessary after the EPF, EPS nomination is submitted online.
The EPFO has provided step-by-step instructions to submitting an EPF or EPS nomination:
- Go to epfindia.gov.in
- Select ‘For Employees’ from the ‘Service’ option
- Select the option ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’ from the Services menu
- Enter your UAN and password to log in
- Go to the ‘Manage’ page and click on ‘E-Nomination’
- To change your family declaration, select ‘Yes’
- Select ‘Add Family Details’ from the list
- To declare the total number of shares, go to ‘Nomination Details’
- After declaring your EPF nomination, click ‘Save EPF Nomination’
- To generate an OTP, click on ‘E-sign’
- An OTP will be issued to the phone number associated with your Aadhaar card
- Enter your OTP
- Your EPFO E-nomination is now registered