GATE 2020: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has released the GATE exam schedule for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020. The GATE 2020 exam schedule has been released for all the papers. As GATE update announced in the official notice, IIT-Delhi will conduct the GATE examination in eight sessions. The examination will take place on February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020.
GATE 2020 Date Sheet
- February 1 (9.30 am to 12.30 pm): IN, ME1, MT, PE, PH
- February 1 (2.30 pm to 5.30 pm): CY, ME2, PI
- February 2 (9.30 am to 12.30 pm): AR, BM, BT, CH, MA, MN, ST, XE, XL
- February 2 (2.30 pm to 5.30 pm): AE, AG, EC, GG
- February 8 (9.30 am to 12.30 pm): EE, EY, TF
- February 8 (2.30 pm to 5.30 pm): CS
- February 9 (9.30 am to 12.30 pm): CE1
- February 9 (14.30 pm to 5.30 pm): CE2This year, as many as 8.6 lakh candidates have applied for the GATE 2020 examination. As per the schedule released by the IIT-Delhi, the GATE 2020 Examination for Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering papers will be held in two sessions each. The other 23 papers will be held in single session, in eight different sessions.The admit card for GATE 2020 will be released by IIT-Delhi on January 3. The exam is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee).
The detailed eligibility criteria for the exam are listed below for reference of the candidates:
Age Criteria– There is no age limit for GATE, candidates from any age group can apply for the exam.
Nationality– Applicant must be an Indian citizen. Candidates from outside India can also apply for the exam if they fulfill the required eligibility criteria.
- Candidate must have obtained a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree (after 10+2) in BE/B. Tech, B.Arch, B.Sc from a state/central government, recognized institution.
- Candidate must have qualified the Bachelor’s or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 45%.
- Candidates studying in the final year of Bachelor’s or equivalent are also eligible for making an application.
Candidates who registered after May 31, 2013 for certification equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch from any of the professional societies (IE, ICE, IETE, AeSI, IIE, IIM etc) are now eligible to apply for GATE 2020
GATE 2020 Registration
GATE 2020 Application Form was available from August 31 till October 5, 2019. GATE Registration was completely online. Candidates had to submit the application form with payment of fees by visiting the official website
Candidates were able to access the application form through the GATE Online Application Processing System. There are a few mandatory steps that candidates need to follow while applying for GATE exam. They are-
- Registration– Candidates have to register themselves through GOAPs by entering their name, email id, and mobile number after which an enrollment id will be generated. Candidates have to change the password for the future login purpose.
- Filling of Application Form– After registration, a complete application form will appear in which the candidates have to provide personal, academic, and qualification details. candidates will have to choose the preferred exam centers while filling the online application form.
- Uploading Images– Once the candidate has filled the application form, they have to upload the scanned copy of photograph, signature and category certificate (if applicable) as per the specifications of exam authority.
- Fee Payment– Candidates have to pay the application fee in online mode i.e. through net banking/debit card/credit card.
- Application Form Submission– After completing all the steps mentioned above, candidates have to submit the application form.