IRCTC new rule: Passengers who prefer to buy train tickets online from the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will have to now make sure that they complete the verification process too. According to the recent advancement, people will be able to book tickets only after they verify their mobile number and email-ID. The process is neither tedious nor time-consuming as it takes only about 50-60 seconds.
New IRCTC rule
Railways have made new rules for passengers who have not booked tickets for a long time due to COVID. Such people will have to first verify their mobile number and email to buy tickets from IRCTC portal. Only then, they will be able to get the ticket. However, passengers who have booked regular tickets will not have to go through this process.
This IRCTC new rule of the Indian Railways is applicable for passengers who have not booked tickets for a long time due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Such users will have to first undergo the verification process before they buy tickets from the IRCTC portal. Passengers cannot skip this process by any means. However, those who have booked tickets regularly will not have to go through the drill.
Due to COVID pandemic, the IRCTC has introduced this process and passengers cannot skip this process.
Steps to book train tickets online:
- Passengers are required to create a login id and password on the IRCTC portal for booking tickets.
- To create a log in password, passengers have to provide their email and phone number.
- Once the email and phone number are verified, you can easily book your tickets.
- After logging into the IRCTC portal, a verification window will appear.
- The passengers are expected to enter the already registered email and mobile number.
- On the verification window, there is an option of verification on the right side and the option of edit on the left side.
- If passengers want to change the details, including email and phone number, you can select the edit option and make the required changes.
- When you are satisfied with the details, you will have to select the verification option. Following this step, an OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your given phone number.
- As soon as you enter the OTP, the mobile number will get verified.
- A similar drill will be applied for the verification of the email id.
- And after that your train ticket is booked and you can get a printout.