Prime Minister Employment Generation Program (PMEGP) is a composition of two schemes- Prime Minister’s Rojgar Yojana and Rural Employment Generation Program. It is a credit-linked subsidy program that aims at generating employment opportunities through the establishment of micro-enterprises in rural as well as urban areas. The objective is to provide continuous and sustainable employment to a large segment of traditional and prospective artisans, rural and urban unemployed youth in the country. The scheme facilitates the participation of financial institutions for higher credit flow to micro sectors.
- Any individual, above 18 years of age.
- The beneficiaries should have passed at least VIII standard, for setting up of project costing above Rs.10 lakhs in the manufacturing sector and above Rs. 5 lakhs in the business/service sector.
- Self Help Groups (including those belonging to BPL provided that they have not availed benefits under any other Scheme).
- Institutions registered under Societies Registration Act,1860.
- Production Co-operative Societies.
- Charitable Trusts.
- The maximum cost of the project/unit admissible under the manufacturing sector is Rs. 25 lakh and under the business/service sector is Rs.10 lakh. Per capita investment should not exceed Rs. 1 lakh in plain areas and Rs. 1.50 lakhs in hilly areas. Own contribution of 5% to 10% of project cost needs to be made.
- General category beneficiaries can avail of margin money subsidy of 25% of the project cost in rural areas and 15% in urban areas. For beneficiaries belonging to special categories such as scheduled caste/scheduled tribe/women, the margin money subsidy is 35% in rural areas and 25% in urban areas.
- For more details on the scheme, you can visit the official website.
You can apply online for the scheme on the official website.
The State/Divisional Directors of KVIC in consultation with KVIB and Director of Industries of the respective states (for DICs) will give advertisements locally through print & electronic media inviting applications along with project proposals from prospective beneficiaries desirous of establishing the enterprise/starting of service units under PMEGP.
The beneficiaries can also submit their application online athttps://www.kviconline.gov.in/pmegpeportal/pmegphome/index.jsp and take the printout of the application and submit the same to respective offices along with the detailed project report and other required documents.