UPSC ESE Recruitment 2022: UPSC ESE Notification 2022: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has started the online application process for recruitment to the post of Group A and Group B Posts on the official website upsc.gov.in. Candidates interested in the posts are required to register for Engineering Service Exam 2022 (ESE 2022) on or before 12 October 2021 on UPSC Online website – upsconline.nic.in.
Those candidates who will apply for UPSC ESE Recruitment 2021 will be called for UPSC ESE Prelims Exam which will be conducted on 20 February 2022.
A total of 247 vacancies are available under Civil Engineering Cadre, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
Last Date of Online Registration – October 20, 2021.
UPSC ESE Recruitment 2022: Educational Qualification.
* B.E/B.Tech from a Recognised University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
* Should have cleared sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
* Degree/Diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
* Qualified in Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) or
* Qualified in Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
* Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959
UPSC ESE Recruitment 2022: Age Limit
21 to 30 years
Candidate must be a citizen of India/Subjects of Bhutan & Nepal/Tibetan refugee who came to India before the 1 January 1962/Person of India origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Selection Process for UPSC ESE 2022
There will be three rounds for the selection of the candidates
- Preliminary Exam of 500 Marks
- Mains Exam of 600 Marks
- Interview of 200 Marks
Final qualified candidates will be called for medical examination.
UPSC ESE Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
- There will be objective-type questions divided into 2 papers. Paper 1 consist of General Studies and Engineering Aptitude and Paper 2 Civil/ Mechanical/Electrical/ Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Paper 1 will be of 200 marks and Paper 2 will be of 300 Marks
- Candidates will be 2 hours to complete in Paper 1 and 3 hours for Paper 2
- There will be a negative marking of One-third (1/3rd) of the marks for the wrong answer
UPSC ESE Mains Exam Pattern 2022
- The mains exam will also consist of 2 Paper. However, the questions are conventional types. Both Paper will have questions on Civil/ Mechanical/Electrical/ Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering of 300 Marks Each
- 3 hours will be given to complete the test
- Conventional papers must be answered in English. The question paper will be set in English only.
How to Apply for UPSC ESE Recruitment 2022?
Candidates can apply Online for UPSC ESE 2022 on the official website www.upsconline.nic.in.