Chinese smartphone maker Vivo has launched a new smartphone in the Indian market today- The Vivo Z1 Pro. Starting at ₹14,990, the Vivo Z1 Pro will go on sale starting 11 July at 12 noon on e-commerce platform Flipkart. The smartphone comes in 6GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB variants priced at ₹16,990 and ₹17,990 and the sale will start on 11 July. The Vivo Z1 Pro is the smartphone in the Indian market to be powered Qualcomm’s new chipset, the Snapdragon 712. The Vivo Z1 Pro will be the first member of Vivo’s Z-series of devices that is touted take on Samsung’s M-series. The smartphone will be deeply pitted against the Samsung Galaxy M40, Motorola One Vision and Xiaomi Redmi Note 7. The Z1 Pro is being marketed as the official smartphone for PUBG Mobile Club. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 712 SoC paired with up to 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage Vivo Z1 Pro Specifications:
- 6.5-inch IPS LCD FHD+ display with a punch-hole camera giving it a 19.5:9 aspect ratio.
- A Snapdragon 712 SoC which is a first for any device in the country and it is backed by a capable Adreno 616 GPU.
- RAM and storage configurations for the devices include 6 GB + 64 GB, 6 GB + 128 GB and perhaps also 8 GB + 128 GB.
- Camera-wise the device has a triple-camera setup with 16 MP main lens, 8 MP super wide-angle lens, and 2 MP bokeh camera. On the front of the device, there is a 32 MP selfie camera which can take AI-enabled portrait shots.
- The device happens to be the 5,000 mAh battery that the device has along with the 18W fast-charging support.
- Software-wise the device will be running on Android 9.0 Pie which will be overlayed with the company’s proprietary FunTouchOS.
- The smartphone has a glossy back panel with a gradient finish design and a circular fingerprint sensor at the back. There’s no in-display fingerprint tech in the Z1 Pro.