The aadhaar card has become an important identity card and is being used almost everywhere. Whether you have to file income tax return or apply for a new PAN card, an Aadhaar card will be required everywhere. In such a situation, if any information like the address in your Aadhar card is not correct, then you may face a problem. If you also want to update aadhaar card address in your Aadhaar card, but there is a problem due to lack of any document, then do not worry. Today we are telling you how to update the address in the Aadhaar card without proof.
However, if you want to update your address in the Aadhaar card, you may not even need to visit the centre as it can be done while sitting at your home. Below are the easy steps to update your address in Aadhaar card online.
Easy steps to update address in Aadhaar card online
- Log on to the self-service portal of Aadhaar – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup
- Click on ‘Proceed to update address’ tab
- You will be asked to provide your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- After Aadhaar number, entre the robot code (CAPTCHA code) and click on ‘Send OTP’
- Select the option to update the address with valid documents.
- Now provide the address you want to update in your Aadhaar, submit the document.
- Click submit and the process will be completed.
After completing the process, UIDAI will update your address in the Aadhaar card and send you the updated one on your mailing address within a certain time period. In case you don’t have valid address proof, you can also update your Aadhaar card address using a validation letter.