Jio Fiber Landline Service: JioFixedVoice is Reliance Jio’s landline calling service which comes bundled with JioFiber broadband service. It’s expected that all the JioFiber FTTH broadband plans will ship with free JioFixedVoice service, and alternatively, the Mukesh Ambani-owned telco may launch standalone landline plans similar to BSNL.
JioFixedVoice service was launched just a few weeks ago before the Annual General Meeting of Reliance Industries and the customers of JioFiber are already enjoying free voice calls through a landline telephone. If you have a JioFixedVoice connection, then there’s another thing which is worth noting; Reliance Jio allows users to make free voice calls to any number via JioFixedVoice number through a smartphone. Users will have to set up the same JioFixedVoice number on their smartphones to enjoy free voice calling via JioCall mobile app available for both Android and iOS smartphones.
The voice calls will be free inside India, Jio Fiber users will have to purchase their own landline equipment. The company is only providing a Jio Fiber router device in which the landline equipment is connected.
Jio Fiber Landline Service: Key Updates
- Jio Fiber landline service is now rolling out to existing users
- Jio Fiber users can use their phone to place calls without a landline
- JioCall app can be download from Google Play Store (Android Users) and App Store (iOS Users).
How to Activate JioFixedVoice Landline Service on MyJio App?
Reliance Jio is providing the JioFixedVoice landline calling service to all the Jio Fiber Customers. But there’s a small procedure involved to get the service activated.
- First of all, a user will have to download the MyJio App on their smartphone
- Then, log into the JioFiber account using register mobile number.
- Make sure you’re logging into MyJio app using JioFiber registered mobile number and not any other mobile number.
- After logging in, Select the Jio GigaFiber account.
- Tap on the recharge option, following which a pop-up window will appear and will guide you through the activation process.
- During the process, Jio will send an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Once you have entered the OTP, the Jio Home Phone landline service will be activated for your Jio Fiber connection.
Reliance Jio will allot a number for the landline service that can be used by others to call you or will show up for others when you call them. After finishing the process on the MyJio app, connect your landline device using RJ11 phone cable to the available port on the back of your Jio Fiber router.
New Jio Fiber users won’t need to activate the Jio FixedVoice or Jio Home Phone landline service as it will already be activated in their account. They will get a landline number at the time of Jio Fiber installation itself.