QR code trip passes available: DMRC extends QR code-based tickets for multiple journeys on Airport line. Presently, the QR code facility was available on the Airport line only for a single trip between an origin station and a destination station
From Monday onwards passengers using the Airport Express line of Delhi Metro will be able to use the QR or quick response code generated on their smartphones for multiple journeys, instead of purchasing or recharging their passes at ticketing counters. As per the statement issued by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), with the introduction of this new facility commuter who used trip passes on the Airport line, akin to smart cards used on other metro lines, can now use the QR code generated on their phones to make multiple trips.
The 40 percent discount per journey available on trip passes “will continue to remain available on QR code enabled trip based tickets”, DMRC said.
The move will do away with the need for a passenger desirous of availing this QR code facility to have a physical trip pass separately and subsequent queuing up at stations to recharge them from time to time.
This system of trip-based ticketing through QR code using smartphones will enable passengers to purchase trip-based tickets using ‘Ridlr or PayTm App’- the agencies. The agencies have tied up with the DMRC for to provide the facility which could be availed without physically coming to the metro station.
The process to generate QR Code for trip-based journey tickets is as given below:
1. Download either the Ridlr or PayTm application from Playstore (available on both android and IOS platforms) and register into the App with your valid credentials including mobile no. and email- id.
2. Proceed to buy a QR code-based trip ticket by selecting the origin station and destination station.
3. Select no. of trips (10-15 trips a day validity, 30
or 45 trips – both with 30-day validity) app will display the fare for the selected number of trips for selected journey stations.
4. Pay the fare using internet banking/credit/debit card/UPI/eWallet. The user will receive a notification.
5. The app will display the QR code for the journey trips. The user can tap the QR enabled AFC entry gates of the metro stations on Airport Line. Once the AFC gate opens, the user can embark on the journey.
6. At the exit, the user needs to tap the QR Code again at the exit AFC gate. The gates will open and the journey will conclude with the deduction of one trip from the QR code ticket.
7. All six metro stations of the Airport Express Line have been provided with a set of two AFC gates each for entry and exit through QR enabled system.
At present, the Airport Line is patronised by over 60,000 passengers daily of which around 65% use trip passes for their travel, which offer discount of up to 40% for every journey performed on this line in comparison to single journey tokens/QR tickets.
The same discount will continue to remain available on QR code enabled trip based tickets.