National Education Policy: Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday that school students should have a new curriculum, which is in sync with the new National Education Policy, by 2022 when the nation celebrates its 75th year of Independence.
Noting that marksheet has become a “pressure sheet” for students and “prestige sheet” for families, the prime minister said the new policy aims to remove this pressure.
The NEP will reduce the syllabus and make learning a fun-based and complete experience, he said. The new curriculum framework will be developed and be ready by 2022 when the nation celebrates its 75th year of Independence, he said addressing the “School Education Conclave” organized by the Ministry of Education.
The new curriculum framework will be developed and be ready by 2022 when the nation celebrates its 75th year of Independence, he said addressing the “School Education Conclave” organized by the Ministry of Education.
The new curriculum will be future-ready and scientific. It will have new skills to promote critical thinking, creativity, communication, and curiosity, PM Modi said.
The Prime Minister noted that the Ministry of Education has received over 15 lakh suggestions from teachers on the implementation of NEP within a week through the MyGov portal.
Here is what PM Narendra Modi said about the new National Education Policy:
The new curriculum framework developed under the National Education Policy will reduce the school syllabus and make learning a fun-based and complete experience for school students. By 2022, our students will have the new curriculum, says PM Modi
- Marksheet became ‘pressure sheet’ for students and ‘prestige sheet’ for families, NEP’s goal is to remove this pressure: PM.
- Teachers should develop critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication abilities amongst themselves. In the 21st century students should inhibit these qualities, says PM Modi.
- During the conclave, PM Modi said that to take the journey of ‘learn-to-read’ to ‘read-to-learn’, we are taking steps to strengthen the foundation literacy. We aim to achieve that a class 3 student should read 30-40 words a minute.
- Do not limit classrooms to the walls: PM Narendra Modi.
- Pre-school is the first outside experience for the children. We need teachers right from the pre-school level who focus on fun-learning, activity-based learning, and discovery-based learning: Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The NEP 2020 lays down the important to develop scientific and mathematical thinking among children, says Modi
- National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 is the result of the ceaseless hard work of various stakeholders done over the last 4-5 years. Still, the work is not complete. It’s just the beginning. The road ahead is to ensure its effective implementation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi.